There is no better way to end a day of exploring the outdoors than with a drink by the campfire before falling asleep under the stars. Switch it up on your next camping trip and try one of these gourmet camping cocktails.
These delicious and easy to assemble camping cocktails can be enjoyed without bringing much more than you camp kitchen necessities and a good mug of course! We recommend our steel camper mug, the perfect vessel for your cocktail in the evening as well as your morning cup of coffee.
Campfire Hot Toddy
No drink is more classic to share around the campfire than a bottle of whiskey. In the fall when the temperatures drop at night, there is nothing better to keep you warm that a blazing fire and a mug full of this hot toddy recipe. Not only will this nightcap keep you warm before you head off to your tent but it also has medicinal qualities. The combination of lemon and honey will be sure to give your immune system a boost even when spending ample time in the outdoors.
For one hot toddy:
- Warm ¾ cups of water in pot over your camp stove, turn off once water is hot but not boiling.
- Cut a few slices off half of a lemon and squeeze the rest into the water
- Add 2-3 teaspoons of honey
- Add 1-2 shots of your favorite whiskey
- Spice with a dash of cinnamon
- Pour into a mug and enjoy
For those muggy summer nights when it's so hot you don’t even pack your sleeping bag, this sangria is sure to cool you off. If you are a culinary expert, feel free to combine this at the campsite but I like to prep my Sangria the day before to give it time to soak up the flavor and then pack it in my favorite mason jar to enjoy at the campsite!
In a large mason jar combine:
- ½ cup of Orange Juice
- A half a bottle of red wine, or a can of red wine if prepping at the campsite (I recommend a pinot noir or fruitier wine)
- ¼ cup of brandy
- 3-4 tablespoons of brown sugar, maple syrup or honey
- Add an orange and an apple sliced up and throw in your cooler to enjoy at the campsite!
If you are more of a beer drinker this is the camping cocktail for you! Perfect for those nights camped out on the coast or beside the lake, a shandy is both refreshing and super simple.
The key here is to pick the right beer, we recommend picking up a pilsner or light lager.
To make a Seaside Shandy:
- Combine beer and lemonade 1 to 1 in your mug
- Enjoy with your toes in the sand preferably in front of a sunset
Irish Cowboy Coffee
After a long day of hiking, I always have a sweet tooth and there is nothing more satisfying and energizing than enjoying an Irish Coffee after a long day. This camping cocktail recipe is simple and sweet. For the ultimate desert, enjoy with a s’more!
To Make Irish Cowboy Coffee:
- Boil 8 ounces of water over your campstove
- Once boiling, pour into a mug and add your instant coffee, we recommend Cusa Instant Coffee
- Add a shot of Bailey’s Original Irish Cream and 2 shots of your favorite whiskey